Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Reiki Everyday, In Every Situation

New students are often surprised at how many situations Reiki can be useful, they can also harbor very real concerns about how to introduce their new Reiki lifestyle to friends and relatives who might not understand what they are doing...

I don't spend a lot of time explaining Reiki the first time I introduce it to someone new. I'll just say, "It's a Reiki thing." and leave it at that...unless they ask for more details and then I try to intuitively figure out what level of explanation they are ready for...mostly I just demonstrate.

Christmas day was a move forward for our family. My oldest daughter, her husband, and my two grand babies came over for dinner after having their traditional Christmas morning at home. Recently I attuned my daughter in levels I and II and since her attunement have been encouraging her to use Reiki every day so that her husband would get used to seeing her doing it even though he doesn't understand it and to date hasn't wanted to be involved. At my house, on sacred days, I always place an individual Reiki charged candle at each place setting and ask my family and guests to hold their candle before their meal and think about something or someone who makes them happy. This meal was no different, except this year, my grand babies each got to hold their own candles.

What a lovely evening, introducing Reiki to a new generation even though they are too young to understand what Reiki is. What they do understand is lighting candles, blowing out candle, and making wishes (making me wonder if the first birthday candle was a Reiki candle)...
So after lighting and blowing the candles out, I explained to them that I was going to light the candles again...and this time we were going to put the candles on a special plate in the center of the table to make our dinner happy, thinking about all the people and things that make us happy. I can't express what a beautiful moment it was, seeing my grand babies smiling faces as they took part, or the look of happiness on my daughter's face as her husband lit her candle, and through our meal, having the glow of our candles lighting our faces.

Reiki, every day, in every situation...

No comments: