Saturday, November 22, 2008

Prayer Candles


I am always telling people that I will light a candle for them...and I do...because the energy that fills the candle, the faith behind the energy, can change someones life.

I don't think I've actually ever given directions for creating a prayer candle on this blog though...

Of course, the easiest way to start is with a store purchased candle but if you have the time and ability to make your own beeswax or soy candle...go for it! The more personal your candle is...the better.

Choose one that fills you with the emotion you are trying to evoke with the candle. For example, when I am seeking safety or protection for my home or someone I love, I will often choose a spice scented candle because it evokes strong memories of family (pumpkin pies at holiday time)...When I want to charge my relationship I will choose a scent more primal, more exotic like patchouli or frankincense...but most importantly, choose the scent you can identify with. There is no right or wrong...

However, that said...if I have a financial need (a new job for instance or extra holiday money), I always choose by color first (GREEN) and scent second...

When you are ready to fill your candle with intention, find a quiet place or in an emergency try to at least quiet your mind...

Hold the candle between your palms, rolling it so that you are feeling every part of it while you focus the power of Reiki into the candle (just as when you are giving Reiki to a person.)

You can anoint your candle with oil, drawing the Reiki symbols above and below and around the circumference of the candle (you can do the drawings dry as well if necessary.) When you feel your candle is full...state your intention and "seal" it into the candle with three finger "taps" (I will also usually chant the name of the most relevant Reiki symbol)...

When you have "prayed in" the full intention that you are willing (and please, make sure you word your intention VERY carefully...I have had many students call and say...this didn't work because...and after carefully asking them questions discovered that it did work...they got EXACTLY what they'd asked for...even though they'd "meant" something different than what their words had "said."

Never doubt the power that your words have.
Believe in the power of your faith in the power of Reiki in your life.

You know the secret to molding and shaping the events that make your life and that is a giant responsibility. Use your Reiki wisely and for the betterment of all concerned.

No comments: